Wednesday 10 July 2013

Assignment # 8 and 9

Scale, Depth, Framing, Simplicity

Scale


I didn't have the time to take a photo outside and decided to use my keys instead. Scale means showing the difference size between two objects. I used my sister's keys on her dairy and i just thought its really funny how the other keys look so tiny.:)


Depth

Depth means you need foreground, middle ground, and background.on your photo, like a leading like. That when you look at the photo it will lead you to look further. I used this photo for leading lines because the flowers are leading be all the way however it would've been better if I have something at the end to look at.

Framing


For this photo, I tried having someone, too show more of the how the frame works, however it didn't really fit in the photo so I choose taking a photo of the frame by itself. In this photo I'm framing the scenery in the background.

Simplicity


I love this photo and for me it means simplicity. This photo doesn't have any other colour except green and for me simplicity means nature, like flowers and landscape. It's just how we all see it, simple but beautiful. There's nothing else in it however something draws me in. When my friend saw this photo she taught its a broccoli, and I said no, but it looks like one.:)


Contrast, Texture, Repetition, Angle of View


Contrast of Colour

 

I used a bit of burning and dodging on this photo. I made the flower darker and I made the leaves lighter. There are other different types of contrast such as contrast of texture, contrast of lighting, contrast of shape. I choose this photo because I can clearly see the difference in colour.


 Texture


For this photo I'm showing the smoothness of the floor and the roughness of the flowers. I just wish I could've taken a better photo for texture. For me the rocks are bothering me everytime I look at this photo. I couldn't focus on what this photo is suppose to be for.

Repitition


I think this photo is perfect for repetition.I have the repetition of poles and the shadow of them.


Angle of View

Angle of view means to take a photo of something in a different angle. I choose to take a photo of the tree in my cousin's backyard to show what's underneath it. For me, taking a photo the tree on this angle gives the viewer more idea on how big the tree is rather than taking a photo of it straight.

3 comments:

  1. I'd say that I like the first photo. You can get a sense for how large a basic key is so you can get a sense for how small the other keys are. Your framing photo was nice only I wish what was being framed wasn't so small and far away. I like your photo for simplicity, because it is simple. It's nice and green. Your texture photo does look like it's mainly focusing on the rocks rather than the plants and the ground, but at least the rocks and ground are different textures too so there could be some contrast there. I really like your angle of view photo only it's a little washed out. I kinda like it though. Gives it a nice effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the claety of your photos my favrites were the simpisetty and the repitshion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your framing and simplicity photo, the framing is having also this feeling of texture and depth because you can see the size of it and I love the color of the wood too. The simplicity is a great one too, just green but you can see that the level of green varies from light to dark, nice way of choosing it and how you took it.

    ReplyDelete